Sunday, January 24, 2010
The plot was basic. It’s one that’s been used a million times before:
• Man meets woman under false pretences.
• Man and woman fall in love.
• Woman finds out why he is really there, and feels used.
• Woman dumps man.
• Man redeems himself by saving woman.
• Man and woman live happily ever after.
Of course there are only so many story lines to go around. Imagine the above plot, augmented with the stories from “Pocahontas” and “Dances with Wolves,” place the story in the most beautiful place imaginable, utilize the most amazing special effects ever, throw in a fair cast, some decent acting, and what do you get? You get a masterpiece! You get Avatar…
Oh yeah, let’s not forget that it’s in 3-D. I’m not a big fan of it, but in this case it wasn’t used as a gimmick. It added to the overall cinematic effect. It added to the beauty. I’ll be seeing it again soon.
Have you seen it? If so, what did you think of it?