Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Alive, Well and Redacted

Some folks have contacted me about my absence here. This isn't a "real" post, but I do want everyone to know that I am alive and doing very well. Very busy also.

I could just post some of the stuff I have in draft form, but I realized a long while ago, that what I like best about blogging is the interaction between myself and those who comment on what I post. The same thing is also true about looking at and commenting on the blogs of others. So not having the time to "blog" isn't really about posting, It's about the human side of it all. I promise, that I will be back at it very soon.
--------------------------------------------
As long as I have you here, may I burden you with a personal rant? 
Okay, don't mind if I do! This may sound odd, but I think I love the research side of what I do, almost love it as much as visiting the places related to the research. I've REALLY been immersed in something lately (a big part of me being so busy). It's related to something that nobody else seems to have given much thought to. The obsessive part of it, I don't mind. The part I do mind though, is that I'm trying to find information that other people have gone to great lengths, to make sure that people like me, can never find. I really do understand, but I don't have to like it.
-------------------------------------------
My frustrations revolve around a single word. Imagine yourself having the pleasure of minutely examining a hundred pages or so, of an official document, only to turn to the pages (that should contain the meat of the issue), but instead, only contains one word, on an otherwise unblinking, glaring, mockingly censored, blank document.  That one word is REDACTED...

re-dact
  • verb
  • past tense: redacted
  • past participle: redacted
  • to edit (text) for publication
  • censor or obscure (part of a text) for legal or security purposes
There are people out there with intentions that are far less than admirable, legal, or ethical. These people are Pot-Hunters, Grave-Diggers, Vandals, etc. I clearly understand why much of it needs to be kept hush hush. However, I am NOT one of those people! My intentions are noble and my spirit is pure. I find a lot of these places based on instinct alone (not to mention all the fine training my granny gave me). It just isn't enough though.

I typed a lot more about this subject, but that information has been...

REDACTED!


.

28 comments:

  1. Sorry you are struggling with your research. It's like you are fighting the Men in Black.
    Blogging is about the interactions and the friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time young man, and you willa drive at where you want to be!

    SM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn Pat, we hope you are able to track down a dacted version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just great to see your post, to know that you are well! Thank you! Hope you have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are okay, Pat. I was just thinking you might be on an extended wilderness trip and was becoming jealous! I've been busy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat
    [redacted] so I guess [redacted].
    Anyway, hope that [redacted].
    Cheers,
    [redacted]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep plugging, there will be another angle. Hopefully, it will not be redacted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nuisance. I'd been wondering where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see a post here and know that all is well. Sorry about the annoying redacted papers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, glad to hear you're doing so well...well, besides the redacted information. I'm sorry!! It's too bad they don't find a good middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're living in the George Orwell world of 1984 and revisionist history. Face to face with it like this has got to make you extremely frustrated and very angry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to know you are alive and well and have not been personally redacted. (I thought you were probably on an extended camping trip.)

    But seriously it has to be terribly frustrating to keep running into those dead-ends and I wish you success in surmounting them. Look forward to reading whatever you can share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you've had some difficulties mate.
    Funny, but some of my regular blogging/writerly friends, including myself, have also been having problems lately, with the work and other things. Perhaps there's something in the air? International turmoil affecting people, creating uncertainty, aggression in some people.

    Anyway, I hope you're back on track soon my friend

    Cheers

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pat, Sorry about your problems with research... When I think 'politically' ---and see that things are REDACTED, I usually think that something illegal has gone on... I shouldn't feel that way but I know that our Government leaders/officials/congress, etc... do MANY untruthful things --thinking that they don't have to follow the same rules that the rest of us do... That's my huge RANT now... Who can we trust if we cannot trust our leaders?????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything these days seems to be redacted - much of which ought to be Shouted from the roof-tops instead. In this case though, there ought to be some sort of authority that could give serious scientists etc etc legal access ti the information they need.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought that redacted was a noise that the pterdactyl made

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ventured back in town only to find that most of the residents had left. But now, here you are. Already beginning to feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Was thinking of you the other day and here you are. We too have been very busy and took some time off from posting about the garden and such, but with all the beauty around us, I finally couldn't help myself. :) so happy to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Touching on some dicey research, eh??? Hope to see you back at it again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. just great to know that you are well.

    happy Fourth of July!:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to know you're fine, Patrick, even if
    your blood turns purple with fury because you've been REDACTED.
    Who are these rat-bastard redactors, anyway? (Will that phrase be
    redacted?) Were they born that way?
    They would probably be up to something worse if redacting
    the innocent and honorable didn't keep them busy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just started blogging again at unobtainium13.com and I find you have dropped out for a while? No! I hope you are doing well Pat. Sorry to hear about the issues with your research.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pat, you will find a way. There is no doubt about that at all.
    And your discoveries will be all the sweeter because the
    difficulties put in your way couldn't stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my. What a mystery. I noticed your absence from the blogging world. After your facebook "like" I had to pop over to see what you've been up to. Now, I'm really curious. I hope you get to the bottom of things.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great to read you are well, Pat! Hoping to catch up when you return to the blogging world.
    Happy researching!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How are you? Good to see your post today. I was away for bit long.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Miss you, Pat! Hope things are all right at your end.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is word verification free.
IS YOURS?
I love your comments and will do my best to respond to each and every one.