That's right young lady!
A little sugar for Santa goes a long ways...For those of you who have been around here for a while, you are well aware of my bout with thyroid cancer. For those of you who don't know... I had a couple of surgeries for it about three years ago and I'm hoping to get the all clear (as in cured) in about a week.
- I had a thyrogen injection on Monday that cost $1,238.00
- I had a thyrogen injection on Tuesday that cost $1,238.00
- I took a single horse pill of radioactive iodine Wednesday that cost $5,000.00
- Wednesday, Thursday and part of Friday, I'm in isolation (cause I'm glowing)
The shots were easy, the pill was easy, the semi- isolation is easy. The hard part was the prep for it all.
For the last three weeks I've been on the strictest medical diet known to medicine and mankind (in my opinion anyway). It ends today. I couldn't ingest any:
- Anything from the ocean
- Seaweed (it's in a high percentage of foods)
- Soy of any type (Soy is in more things than seaweed)
- Tofu (this one and the three before it kill me. My wife is Japanese)
- Sea salt
- Regular salt
- Restaurant food
- Fast food
- Water (distilled is okay, blek!)
- Soft drinks
- Processed food of any type
- Herbs (other than fresh from my own garden, that I don't have)
- Bread (home baked only is okay. Yeah right!)
- ANYTHING with preservatives in it
- Cured or corned meats
- No snack foods like chips, etc.
- Dried fruit
- Canned peaches, pears and pineapple
- Unsalted nuts
- Clear soft drinks
- Matzo crackers
- Plain rice cakes
- Redish vegtables
- Small amounts of fresh chicken or turkey
Happy Holidays to everyone!