A month or so ago (okay, it was October 27th to be exact), I received a comment on that post, from a person who though she was my sister. Okay, but I don't have any sisters! I didn't "approve" the comment to be published because there is too much personal information in it. I did contact her though...
Quite a few of you have been following my blog for long enough to know that I am from the most dysfunctional of families. For those of you who don't know, this post is yet another entry into my crazy family history. I have three brothers. That's all...
Okay, so Christine and I exchanged several emails on the subject.
- She was adopted directly from the hospital she was born in (in my home town).
- My mom had a friend with the same name as Christine's adoptive mother.
- She saw what she thought was the name of her birth mother when she was a teenager.
- She googled the name she saw (my mom's name) many times over the years with no hits.
- My mom's first name (and our last name) is very unusual.
- Two months ago she finally got a google hit on my mom's name.
- It led her to this post about her.
We met about three weeks ago and took a DNA test. We sent it to the lab and waited. Before they sent us the results of the test, they said they would call and let us know. After meeting her and talking to her several times, I was really hoping we were siblings. I have no negative history with her (as I do with my brothers) and she is VERY nice. I like her a lot.
Today the lab called. Christine and I have the same mother!
See? You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up!