“If you were an outsider looking in, what would you think of your blog? Would you follow it?”
Before I get started, I have to admit that I wonder why all but one of the questions have been anonymous (there are a few more I haven’t answered yet). I’m not going to take offense at anything that might be asked.
Okay, here we go…
At risk of sounding like I’m blowing my own horn, I like my blog. I like blogs that are like my blog. Here’s why:
My blog includes several things that I really like. It has true stories, photography, poetry, rants, and humor. What you see, is what I see, feel, and have felt, in my personal life. I think I’ve struck a balance in what gets posted.
One of the things I LOVE about my blog is the varied group of people who follow it. I genuinely like and feel close to many of them.
- I'm not obsessed about having scads of followers.
- I don’t “pigeon hole” my blog for one type of follower.
- You never know (because I don’t) what I’m going to post.
- I don’t post “filler” blog entries.
- It's a place where writers, photo geeks, humorists, and poetry lovers can all peacefully co-exist.
- I don’t post inflammatory political or religious statements. I won’t avoid the issues, but I’m not going to bring them up here.
- I keep it fairly clean.
- Most of my posts are fairly short.
- First and foremost, I have had both the good and bad fortune to have lived a very interesting life. Many things that have happened to me fall under the truth, stranger than fiction heading.
- I don’t think I’m a great writer, but I can tell a story, so that’s what I do.
- I fully realize that a percentage of my posts don’t appeal to everyone. Another percentage of them suck.